The Garmire Family

10/17/10

Mission Accomplished

I just had to take a moment and write about church today. We were asked to speak as a family on service. The kids have been practicing there talks for 2 weeks and were doing great. I myself HATE to stand in public and get so nervous. Mike is great at it and does awesome. So we are getting ready for church and Andrew is way nervous. We had him go first thinking it would be easier for him. He gets up to talk and starts to cry. Mike is up there with him and trying to get him to talk. I did not think he was going to do it. The next thing I hear is Sweet Andrew reading his talk. I was so proud of him for gettting it together to do his talk. It is such a hard thing to do. Emily got up and did a amazing job. She did not seem nervous at all. She just read her talk nice and slow. I am so proud of them both. They are so much stronger then I could have ever been at there age. It is always nice to have it over with. It was a very touching program for me and I am grateful now that it is over that we got the chance to talk on what we did. Lets just pray we are off the hook now for a few years. => After church we had 2 families bring over treats and tell us how good we did. People are so nice. We are lucky to be in the area we are in.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! I can't believe they had to talk in Sacrament Meeting!! That's crazy! Good job guys! Wish I could have been there!!!

Melanie B said...

Nice job!